EMAP - Electronic Ministry Application Platform is a online computer system introduced by the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education in December 2016 for the application of all Form One boarding school places in Zimbabwe.
Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education cited the need to curb corruption but the system has proved to be unreliable at times and some parents have complained that it make it difficult for them especially in remote areas where access to internet is limited.
How to apply
1. Visit the official website for EMAP at emap.co.zw and create an account.
2. Enter the centre and candidate number as well as date of birth using the pupils’ result slip
3. Next enter your Centre Number, Candidate Number and Date of Birth.
4. Click "Please confirm if you have been cleared by your former school"
5. Put in your mobile number and password of your choice.
6. Select the schools that you want apply for a place
7. Periodically check if your child has been accepted at any of the schools that you selected
2020 Form 1 places
The EMAP platform was opened for applications in early November and will until early January, 2020.